I was born in Spain and came to the UK at the age of 18. Not knowing what I wanted to do with my life, I studied Accountancy for two years. I then realized I wanted to use my creativity and went onto studying Creative Art Therapies Studies. I learned about group dynamics, group facilitation, and the theory for therapeutic arts. I then went on to Plymouth University, graduating with a First-Class BA (Hons) in Theatre and Performance.
I’ve worked and volunteer with many organizations in Bristol: Troubadour Theatre, ACTA community theatre, Travelling Light Theatre Company, Brave Bold Drama, Lockleaze Community Centre, Creative Youth Network and in Plymouth I am currently volunteering as a Fundraiser Officer with Troubadour Theatre.
I am passionate about storytelling through movement, theatre and film. I like exploring the themes of diasporas and cultural identity through the concept of performativity. I want to ignite curiosity and play with my work as a creative arts facilitator.
Additionally, I enjoy the whole creative process of a show or a film. I worked closely with a producer within my professional practise module to create a rehearsal schedule and an in-detail budget. I successfully created the documents required to achieve a distinction for the work. In addition to that knowledge, I have practical experience supporting the daily logistics of running a show, acquired during my volunteering experience with the theatre companies I referred to in my experience.
As a person, I hold myself to a high standard when it comes to organization and communication whilst maintaining a sense of enjoyment and creativity.
· Voluntary Funding Officer for Troubadour Theatre (March 2021- Present)
· Theatre Assistant- ACTA theatre company- BBC Children in Need project (October 2019-Dec 2019)
· Drama facilitator with Brave Bold Drama Theatre Company ( January 2019 - April 2019)
· Assistant Director and Assistant Stage Manager with Travelling Light, Youth Theatre Company (March 2018 - June 2018)
· Arts-club facilitator / The HUB, Lockleaze Neighbourhood Trust (Oct 2017- Dec 2017)
· Positive Activities Volunteer with Creative Youth Network (Mar 2016-Dec 2016)